Monday, January 17, 2011

Utility Belts and Dog Teeth

So I got inspired to start a blog because of the great stories that I know about some of my friends by reading their blogs and the realization that I do a terrible job of keeping up with my family and friends.  I hope that I will be able to post weekly and tell amusing tales of some of the things I encounter and share some of the fun we have at the Mueller home. 

I begin this blog by having a day off of work.  I think that it is the lack of my job demanding my full attention today that finally got me to sit down and set up this page.  The highlight of the day had to be the scheduled surgery to have one of Toby Dogg's teeth removed.  Toby Dogg needs more medical than any animal that exists on this planet.  The tooth in question has been broken ever since we got him from the neighboring trailer park nine years ago, but hasn't been a problem until now.  Recently, it caused an infection in his root cavity and made the left side of his snout swell up like he had a golf ball under his skin.  It all went well and he has been staggering around the house this evening, still a little woozy from the drugs.

After dropping Toby off at the vet, I went for a 10 mile run with a friend and then picked up Rachel for a day on the town.  Of course, the day couldn't go by without a trip to Starbucks, but then it was off to the Red Coyote to use the Groupon that I got in my stocking for Christmas.  I was so excited to see all of the accessories that they had for me to attach to my running belt so I could become an even bigger dork while I am running.  I now have a full-fledged utility belt with three water battles and two storage pouches that I can strap on during a long run.  Batman would be jealous! 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about Batman, but I can tell you John is jealous and has asked for his own Batman belt.

    ReplyDelete